Hosting a City Small Group
Hosting a city group isn’t about being perfect; it’s about serving others by giving them a place to connect. Hosting a group is simple—choose a topic that interests you and select a time and location to meet with others to share it. We give you essential tools to make your small group successful through leadership training, curriculum and videos if needed and a directory where you can register your group so others can find it easily. We believe people’s lives are changed one semester at a time by moving one step toward Christ, and as a city group leader you get to play an important role in that process.
Sometimes, total life change happens in an instant, but more often it happens gradually. As city group leaders, our primary role is to uncover the spiritual condition of group members and walk beside them leading them one step closer to God. What this looks like will be different for each person. Here are some practical examples to help you:
- If a group member is not in a relationship with Christ, invite them to a church service where they can hear a clear presentation of the Gospel.
- Encourage group members to be water baptized.
- Invite group members to complete the Growth Track.
- Connect group members to the Dream Team.
- Introduce group members to the idea of daily prayer and Bible reading through the One Year Bible.
- **For those group participants that don't attend Seeds but another local church, encourage them to get participate in their church's version of Growth Track and Dream Team.
Our City Groups will be most healthy when leaders take an active role in knowing each person in their group and intentionally helping them move one step closer to Christ.